I wanted to write a special post to give a shout out to everyone who has posted links to Philosophy News content and to our thousands of readers who have tweeted, liked, stumbled upon, Google plussed, and otherwise supported the content over the past few months. It’s been busy and really great. We have some exciting interviews planned for our podcast series and more great content ahead. Thanks for your support!
Here is a sample of what’s been happening with Philosophy News over the last few weeks.
- Dr. Peter Boghossian’s podcast (our first one) went viral with over 10,000 downloads (so far) and over 770 Facebook likes. This is by far the most popular piece Philosophy News has ever published.
- I published a summary piece about Peter’s podcast to Huffington Post which got some attention. In addition to the active discussion at the Huffington Post, the piece was picked up by some bloggers who discussed the piece including:
- Peter’s podcast was also picked up by Sam Harris (who gave it a favorable comment) and Brian Leiter.
- We published an interview with Alvin Plantinga which has gotten a ton of traffic and has been tweeted and liked on Facebook many, many times.
- Our interview with Jason Baehr has been picked up by philosopher Jonathan Kvanvig at Certain Doubts and Guy Axtell at Janusblog.
This is just a sampling of what’s been happening. We publish all our material out of pure love for the discipline and we’re thrilled to see the response. So thank you for your support, for supporting the site. Please continue to get the word out, tweet, like, plus, and link to our content.
Also, we’d love to hear from you so if there’s something you’d like to see, write to me at email@example.com.